1.23.2011

Marty J and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I feel terrible for not blogging on Friday. It's been bothering me all weekend, but really, this is the first opportunity I've had to post, and sadly I didn't have a Friday dance post saved for last week. To quote the famous children's book, Friday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

Last week and this coming week have been/will be very stressful for me with work. I have a major project due next Friday, and I'm going out of town Tuesday/Wednesday for work. Plus I have all these smaller projects and meetings wedged in between. I'm STRESSED. Every day is filled with a bunch of crap I have to do, and my desire to do it all is, well, nil.

The point is that Thursday night, I stayed up until 1:30am completing some work, and so when I woke up on Friday, the only thought I had was, "I just want to call into work." But I didn't! I was a trooper! I got dressed and ready for the below zero weather (I wish I was kidding), and headed out to the car. (Yes, a car. We bought a car. You are reading a post by the owner of a brand new, beautiful 1995 Toyota Corolla! We got a really good deal, and bought it from someone we know and trust.)

When I got out to the car, it started. I opened the trunk to dump all my stuff in there, and there was all this ice in the trunk. I couldn't figure it out. Then I remembered. I left a can of diet coke back there, and the damn thing had exploded EVERYWHERE. Okay, annoying, yes, but not terrible. It was frozen, and easy to clean. There wasn't anything else back there really, so I just started scooping out Diet Coke ice chunks with my gloved hand. When I got that mostly cleaned up, I decided to put my stuff in the back seat instead. I opened the back door up, and put my bags back there. When I went to go close the back door, it wouldn't shut. The lock was frozen, and wouldn't catch. Funzies! Finally, I got the door shut by thwacking it with my hip.

I climbed into the car, and pulled away. I noticed the car was dragging a little, but I figured that was from the extreme cold. I also noticed it was making a lot of noise, but couldn't decipher if it was the extreme number of potholes I was driving over or the actual car. Finally, about two blocks away, I pulled over, and got out. I had a flat tire...and I had driven on it. I called up A.P. and explained the situation. He told me to drive the car back, park it, and we would deal with it after work. In the mean time, I had to take the bus to work. I was already running late. Miserable start to the day. It's kind of like how much could go wrong in less than an hour? Apparently, a lot.

I spent my lunch and whatever free time I had at work figuring out our different options for fixing the tire. I also realized that my Uggs, that I love and wear almost daily had a little hole in them. HEARTBREAKING!! Finally I called my brother. He agreed to pick me up from work and help me out. So we got back to the house, and in 7 degree weather, my poor brother tried three times to jack the car up and get the flat off, and the spare on. Three times, the jack gave out when we were trying to whack the tire off the axle. Lame, lame, lame. We spent forty minutes messing around with this tire, only to put the lug nuts back on, park the damn thing again, and call it a day.

Yesterday, as soon as I woke up, we called a guy who came out, and changed the tire. Then we had to go get a new tire. What a mess. It took almost two whole days to get that one thing done. After we finished that mess, we sealed all the windows in an attempt to perhaps make our apartment a bit warmer and took down all the Christmas stuff. Then we went to to Fogo de Chao to celebrate A.P.'s birthday, which is on Monday. Today I'm working all day. So needless to say, there just wasn't time for blogging. Life sucks sometimes. And I'm slowly learning that when one bad thing happens, it means five other lousy things will follow. Ugh...I can't wait for this week to be OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...